|1928 Plymouth Origin-Legendary Muscle Car|
Plymouths were originally sold through Chrysler dealerships. The logo of Plymouths presented a rear view of the ship Mayflower, which landed at Plymouth Rock. However, the brand name came from Plymouth Binder Twine. It was chosen by Joe Frazer to its popularity among farmers. Plymouth Binder Twine was a common household item and used to tie multiple items.
The Plymouth's origins can be traced back to the Maxwell automobile, when W. P. Chrysler took control of the car's troubled company Maxwell-Chalmers in the early 1920s. He inherited the Maxwell as part of the package. Then in 1924, he used the company's facilities to help create and launch the Chrysler car, he decided to create a car companion lowest price.
In 1926 the Maxwell was re-badged as the low-end "52" Chrysler model. The "52" was once again redesigned to create the model Chrysler-Plymouth Q in 1928. Then in 1929, the "Chrysler" part of the plate was abandoned with the introduction of the model U Plymouth.